Sunday 2 October 2011

Summer in September

Well it has been glorious this past week; temperatures hitting 28 degress celsius - which is very uncommon for September here in the UK.

I took this opportunity to have a day off from work and head out to my allotment (with having a cold and it being a bit damp weather-wise of late I hadn't been there for a couple of weeks) and it was a super day.

First thing though I grabbed some topsoil from a guy I met on Freecycle and filled up various tubs to take around to load up the raised beds already in situ.

It was lovely and warm on the plot, the light was beautiful and leaves fluttered down off the trees. I had the chance to finish removing grass and weeds from the right hand side - ready for the 2nd raised bed to go in, and to weed around my leeks and fuschias (pics below). I also made a start on setting my stone path in place.

A break at lunch resulted in having a pastie and a small cake from the local bakers and I then took a stroll around Harpers Lane perimeter and took some pictures with my husband Sal's fabulous Canon digital SLR. Loving this camera! Some allotment holders are getting ready for Halloween by all accounts too...

Here are some pics of the day...back soon!

Bev
x















No comments:

Post a Comment